Home » Blog » Meeting of the Minds 2024

Meeting of the Minds 2024

Meeting of the Minds (MOTM) is the annual conference of 90Minds for consultants of business management software for small to mid-sized companies. The 13th annual MOTM was held in Palm Springs California and sponsored by Sage Software and other affiliate members.

A Vibrant Community of Partners

The event is a convergence of consultants, partners, developers and independent experts from diverse practices serving a variety of industries. The annual event is designed for members to engage, learn, and share their expertise on Sage ERP. The 2024 lineup included keynotes featuring SAGE leaders and the renowned Scott Tillema from the Negotiations Collective.

Meeting of the Minds is about sessions and connections. The event included designated times for networking where partnerships form, ideas flourish, and business cards exchange hands or phones! The conference atmosphere creates enthusiasm for a common goal of maximizing Sage ERP to drive business growth, streamline operations, and elevate efficiency.

Partner Driven Content

Meeting of the Minds included content organized by the partners for the partners. The 2024 event included up to three concurrent sessions on a variety of topics including:

  • Application specific training
  • Best practices in consulting
  • Industry trends and techniques

In Partnership with Sage

Although 90 Minds is an independent non-profit organization, the relationship with Sage Software has grown over the years. At Meeting of the Minds 2024 Sage provided in-depth pre-conference workshops on the latest information about the Sage Network, Sage Partner Cloud on Azure and Sage 100 Payroll: Setup and Troubleshooting. During the conference Sage also provided information on the Sage 100 Road Ahead and the new Sage Distribution and Manufacturing Operations (SDMO) which will work with Sage Intacct and other Sage products.

One of the benefits of 90Minds membership is the close interaction with Sage management and representations. Sage participated in panel discussions as well as passionate debates with members of the 90Minds Mod Squad. The Mod Squad has contributed to dozens of enhancements for Sage 100 and continues to provide direct ideas to and interacts directly with the Sage 100 development team.

Artificial Intelligence in ERP

It was an honor to present the latest on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the leading current mid-market business management software. All publishers are building or partnering with leading AI companies to enhance functionality. This timely subject was magnified by Sage Software’s announcement on partnering with Amazon to create financial compliance large language models for Sage Intacct.

Users have become accustomed to Robotic Process Automation to eliminate manual tasks. The key differentiator between programmed automation and artificial intelligence is machine learning. With the ability of AI to improve accuracy through repetition and feedback from users, it is just a matter of time until AI is part of our daily business experience.

Value from Community

The value of networking with a community of like-minded individuals and firms was evident at MOTM. A robust exhibition hall filled with products to enhance the user experience was buzzing the entire event. Sharing success and war stories continued through the evening social events and post conference surveys had 95% of participants thought the overall experience was Excellent or Very Good and the remaining 5% rated it good!

I am looking forward to MOTM 2025, which will again be in Palm Springs on March 12-15, 2025!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *