Meeting of the Minds (MOTM) is the annual conference of 90 Minds, a consortium of business management software consultants and resellers with a shared goal of success for each other and our customers. #MOTM2023 was the largest and quite probably the best ever! Industry leaders, technical content, networking and a well populated technology exhibition powered this four day event in Newport Beach California.
Developing our Minds
Dr. Debra Dupree, founder of Relationships at Work and our 2022 Keynote Speaker, is returning on demand for a full-day pre-conference workshop. dive deep into the behavioral aspects of ‘impact, influence and persuasion’ to guide members of ‘90 Minds’ in the strategic development of their ‘influencer’ status and ‘leadership’ of emerging opportunities.
Kim Becking was the 2023 Keynote Speaker, talking about the Momentum Mindset. A Momentum Mindset enables leaders to conquer change, become more resilient, accelerate success and achieve more in their business, life and relationships no matter what life throws at them. Kim inspires us all to be Rock Stars!
The $oul of the Enterprise
Ed Kless and Ron Baker were back broadcasting The $oul of the Enterprise live from #MOTM2023. The first segment of this highly informative podcast discussed the Harvard Business Review The “New You” Business from Joe Pine et al. about a hierarchy of value from products to services to experiences to transformations. The interactive discussion explores how service providers can combine knowledge, expertise and products to help businesses transform in our fast changing marketplace. Technology is driving increases in productivity and profitability through Digital Transformation. However, the real questions posed to business leaders is: why are you transforming, in order to can paint a vision of a future state.
Enriching Minds with Technical Content
Meeting of the Minds is always chock full of technical content.
- Sage Software was the Diamond sponsor and led sessions on:
- Keynote by Marc Monday – Sage Vice President | Business Development | Partnerships | Ecosystems |
- Sage 100 Tips and Tricks, Sage 100 Road Ahead, Sage 100 version 2023 Whats New and Demo
- Ed Kless provided a Project Management Master Class!
- Sage Intacct Roundtable
- Managing your consulting practice sessions
- From Transactional to Relational—The Subscription Business Model with Ron Baker and a panel of 90 Mind members
- How to get stuff done and Make Money presented by founding member Wayne Schulz
- Other Sage Specific Content
- Carmen Cruz had an expanded session on SQL -Sage Premium
- The ever popular 90 Minds and Sage Mod Squad for two way feedback on the future development roadmap
- Production vs. Operations Management – Take 2 with Gil Ponte and Jane Scanlan
- Presentation by enhancement product sponsors CIM Cloud, DSD, SPS Commerce, Scanforce, eBiz Charge, Scanco, Summit Hosting, ROI and Certipro
Deepening Connections – Moving Forward
The best part of Meeting of the Minds are the numerous opportunities for networking. The availability of global and North American Sage executives was unparalleled in this small group setting. The keynote speakers and thought leaders inspire and challenge attendees during casual conversations. Connecting with fellow consultants expands the reach of a small consultancy and forges alliances with national service providers. Connecting in-person remains the most effective way to network!
Meeting of the Minds 2024 will be in Palm Springs California 2/28-3/3. Planning is already underway for what is expected to be the biggest and best MOTM ever. If you attended MOTM 2023, please be sure to rate your sessions and fill out your survey.