Technology is always changing and customers looking for a cloud solution often say they are looking for a “true cloud.” The question is – What is true cloud? More importantly;
Just as process improvement methodologies typically look at People, Process and Technology, cloud computing models look at Organizational Readiness, Software and Technology Infrastructure.
My LinkedIn article covers the maturity of cloud and the organizations that use the cloud.
- What are the different types of cloud and what makes a cloud “cloudier“?
- What makes a company ready for cloud?
- How do you know if you are ready for cloud?
The article is broken into 3 sections:
- Technology and how it has matured through phases of maturity
- Software and how it has adapted to cloud technology
- Organizational Readiness using the Open Alliance for Cloud Adoption maturity model.
When looking for a cloud solution for your company, the journey begins with an honest self-assessment of what you want to accomplish and how ready you are for change. All true benefits come from a process-oriented approach which integrates people, process and technology into a solution that meets customer needs. There cannot truly be one answer for what defined “true cloud” as there is not one organizational structure that best fits all companies!
The I-BN Blog will continue with three additional posts covering each of these areas in greater detail so you can truly assess what cloud can do for your organization.
For more information on how I-BN can help you transform your business using our cloud platform, contact one of our cloud specialists via web form on our contact us page, call at 678-627-0646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org