Business One version 10 is the latest major release from SAP for its small to mid-market product. SAP continues to deliver on its vision of the Intelligent Enterprise through a strategy centered around:
- “Consumer Grade Experience” – A user experienced designed to be as easy for business as consumer applications have become.
- Powerful Platform – Ensuring that the system is open for integrations such as e-commerce, shipping, warehouse management and much more.
- Built In Integration – Out of the box integrations with applications through the new “integration hub”
- Cloud – Enabling applications to run smoothly in the cloud by detaching applications from the underlying infrastructure
- Applied Intelligence – Embedding AI, machine learning, advanced analytics and other tools to create business value.
Version 10 provides significant enhancements to all of these development guidelines. Some key enhancements include:
- New Web Client helps with both the user experience and cloud deployment. The B1 Web Client uses the proved Fiori technology familiar to customers using the HANA version of the product and further simplifies the user experience for managing customers and inventory, creating sales orders and viewing of other sales documents and analysis. The web client incorporates all the power, felxibility and personalization created in the full client such as user defined tables, fields and objects!
- Enhanced Office 365 compatibility and the new integration hub make the Business One Platform easier for integrations. Using the Business One Integration Framework (B1if), the new integration hub reduces the complexity of integrations and includes templates or “scenarios” developed and supported by SAP. The initial launch of this tool includes
- Shopify – Cloud-based e-Commerce platform
- UPS (United Parcel Service) – Global shipping and logistics provider
- Nexmo – SMS service
- Fixer – Exchange rates API
- Magento – Cloud-based enterprise e-Commerce
- Salesforce – Cloud-based CRM Suite
- DHL – Global shipping and logistics provider
- Mailchimp – Cloud-based marketing and e-mail platform
- SendGrid – Cloud-based marketing and e-mail platform
- RFQ – Request For Quotation with SAP Business One
The SAP Integration Hub is a component of the SAP Intercompany Solution, although you do not need to deploy intercompany to use the scenarios.
Version 10 entered early adopter mode in November 2019. Early adopter mode follows an extensive testing process by SAP and begins with customers who need the new features and have vanilla or close to vanilla deployments. As more customers are enabled on the platform acceptance into the program will expand to cover a wider variety of customer use cases. SAP uses this method of adoption to ensure the solution is rock solid before it becomes “Generally Available”. SAP doesn’t fix the timeframe, but rather fixes the number of satisfied customers required in each localization (country or region) to determine when the product is generally available. We would estimate tht SAP Business One version 10 will be generally available around the end of Q1 and full support for all major third party enhancements will be rock solid by mid-year 2020.